Luigi Kasimir - Haus der Mode (Palais Lobkowitz) Wien

Original Radierung von 1940


Haus der Mode Wien (Vienna, Austria) Palais Lobkowitz. Radierung Luigi Kasimir 1940.
Palais Lobkowitz Wien. Radierung von Luigi Kasimir. 1940-1945 Haus der Mode.
Haus der Mode (Palais Lobkowitz Wien). Radierung von Luigi Kasimir 1940.
Haus der Mode (Palais Lobkowitz Wien). Radierung von Luigi Kasimir 1940.


Über einen mit der Familie bekannten Grafiker kamen einige Luigi Kasimir Original-Radierungen mit dem Motiv "Haus der  Mode" in das Eigentum von Familie Traimer.

 

Original Radierung von Luigi Kasimir, Wien 1940.

Titel: Das Haus der Mode (Palais Lobkowitz) Wien

 

Blick von der Grafiksammlung Albertina.

Gesamtmaße: 56 x 66 cm, Druckplatte: 40 x 56 cm

Gut erhalten, altersbedingte Nutzungserscheinungen. Ein Knick am oberen rechten Rand des Passepartout. Grafik ist einwandfrei.

 

Nach den "Türkenkriegen" 1683 neuer Glanz in Wien 

 

Erbaut 1685 - 1687 stellt das Palais Dietrichstein (später Palais Lobkowitz) den ersten Stadtpalast-Neubau in Wien nach den "Türkenkriegen" dar. 1710 wurde von Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach das Eingangstor umgestaltet. 1804 führte Ludwig van Beethoven hier die Eroica erstmalig auf.

 

Französische und Tschechiche Botschaft im Wien des 19. und 20 Jahrhundert

 

Bis 1909 wurde das Gebäude als Französische Botschaft (Ambassade de France en Vienne) in (k. u. k.) Wien genutzt.

Von 1918 bis 1938 hatte die Gesandtschaft der Tschechischen Republik hier ihren Sitz.

 

Haus der Mode im Nazi-Reich 1938

 

Ab 1938 nutzten die Nationalsozialisten im III. Reich das "Haus der Mode" als Propaganda-Institut um der "undeutschen" Mode von Paris und Rom ein Gegenbeispiel zu bieten.

 

Französisches Kulturinstitut in Wien 1945-1992

 

Von 1945 - 1992 war hier das Französische Kulturinstitut (Institut francaise de Vienne) untergebracht.

 

Österreichisches Theatermuseum 

 

Seither ist das Bundestheater Museum im Palais Lobkowitz ansässig.

 

Das Palais wird in allen gängigen Reiseführern und Büchern über Wien behandelt. Belotto nahm sich dieses Gebäude ebenfalls zum Motiv.

 

Text: Matthias Bechtle - Wien.

 


Haus der Mode - Palais Lobkowitz in Vienna (Austria)

Original Etching by Luigi Kasimir 1940


A new palce after the osmanian war 1683

 

In the left of the picture a part of the world famous gallery „Albertina“, part of the imperial palace in Vienna, is placed, in the background the Augustina-church, a small part of the Stallburg (Spanish riding school) and the tower of the imperial church of St. Michael.

 

The main focus of the picture is the Palais Lobkowitz. This palais was built in 1685-1687 for the Dietrichstein Family by architect Giovanni Pietro Tencala. It was the first noble palace after the war against the Osmanian empire in 1683.

 

The new portal by Fischer von Erlach 

 

In 1710 the world famous architect Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach gave a new portal to the palais.

The palais is situated in the heart of Vienna, between the State Opera and the Imperial Palace of the Habsburg empire.

The building is described in most of the tourist guides of Vienna, art historian books and a popular motive for paintings (for example by Bellotto). 

Grave Lobkowitz bought the building in 1753.

 

In 1814 the private première of Beethoven´s third Symphony, the “Eroica” was performed here.

 

French and Czech Embassy in the 19th and 20th Century

 

In the following years it was used for various purposes. Until 1909 the building served as the French embassy in the Austrian-Hungarian empire. After World War I the Czech embassy was situated there.

 

Third Reich - Hitlers House of german fashion  

 

Around 1938/1939 (Third Reich) the palais was the location of the national socialist House of Fashion (Haus der Mode). The aim was to use the nazi propaganda also in the fashion business and to compete with the metropoles of fashion, Paris and Rome . Another House of Fashion existed in Berlin.

 

French Institute Vienna after 1945

 

After World War II the French Institute of Culture moved in.

 

 

Theatermuseum Vienna (Austrian Theatre Museum)

 

Since 1991 the Austrian Theatre Museum uses this building.